Friday 19 August 2016

Altered Kettlebell

So I wanted to make a really individual present for my friends 40th birthday, especially since I couldn't be at her birthday party as I had a wedding to go it. She is completely crossfit mad and trains everyday and after seeing a few altered bottles online I thought it would be really cool to do an altered kettlebell for her! I bought this one in Sports Direct for £10 and it took me over a week to fully finish but that's mostly because my little pocket rocket keeps me busy during the day! Here is a picture of the final piece and a link to the video on how I made it. https://youtu.be/Xopl3sBnSfw A list of products used can be  found below. Hope you like it!



Supply list for altered kettlebell;
  • One kettlebell, the one I used was 4kg
  • Baby wipes (dried and used preferably)
  • Crocheted and coarse lace
  • Windsor and Newton modelling paste
  • Windsor and Newton Lamp Black acrylic paint
  • docrafts artiste spritzing ink in Aubergine
  • doCrafts acrylics in the following colours;
    • Amethyst
    • Blackberry
    • Metallic black
    • Metallic Amethyst
    • Metallic Silver
  • Crafters Choice acrylic paint in Ultramarine
  • Metal ephemera - I used pieces from old necklaces and jewellery
  • Cogs (bought very inexpensively on ebay)
  • Paper and foam flowers
  • Decoart Gesso
  • Daler Rowney Impasto Gel (also called heavy gel medium)
  • Sequins
  • Papermania gems
  • doCrafts Glitz It glitter glue in the following colours;
    • Soft Lavender
    • Violet Shimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment